This year has brought about many changes in the way we work, the shift to remote working has been a learning experience here at Brokerplan. The need to adapt the way we train and educate our partners has caused us to drastically shift our software and processes.
A year ago, in March 2020, we held what was to be our final in-person training course at our head offices in Selby, North Yorkshire. After the lockdown was announced we suddenly had to explore new avenues as to how we could continue to train our new partners whilst there were restrictions on physical visits to the office.
Luckily, we already had access to a virtual meeting facility that we had been using for our weekly lender webinars for established partners. Adapting this software to enable us to provide an in-depth training course spanning multiple days would prove to be quite the challenge, and has been an ongoing process of trial and improvement, as our business development manager Laura Fieldhouse explains:
Our comprehensive business training covers
- FCA regulations and compliance requirements
- Business procedures & administration essentials
- Core commercial product training
- Lead generation and business development
- How to use our bespoke sourcing system ‘Lender Hub’
- The fundamentals of case underwriting
- Developing Ancillary / Additional Revenue Streams
- Business Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting